A citizen lead community group to conserve and clean surface/ground waters in the Winona Watershed making Lake Winona fishable, boat-able, swim-able.
Mission: To engage the Winona area community in action that improves the health of Lake Winona and preserves it as a valued community resource.
Vision: Lake Winona is a healthy natural environment that supports a variety of native species and provides recreational activities for all ages.
Problems to Solve:
- Excessive nutrients in the water
- Rapid sedimentation of the lake
- Non-native invasive species
- Inadequate shoreline vegetation
- Shoreline destruction and excrement from excessive waterfowl population